Monday, March 5, 2012

Couch to 5k

Today I started the program couch to 5k. It was a beautiful morning for walking/jogging in my new neighborhood. As I started out, I was thinking about how I needed to be dependent on God's help for all my health/fitness goals/needs. I struggle with that prideful heart of thinking, "I can do this on my own." But the truth is, I am fully dependent and in need of God's help for EVERY breath I take, much less for getting in shape and losing weight. I am not far from where I left off about 6 months ago. As of this morning's weigh in, I have 36.4 pounds to lose. I'd appreciate any advice/encouragement/tips from anyone who might read this. I certainly need it! Oh, and if anyone knows of a good 5k to run in about 2-3 months in the central FL area, please share. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment