Monday, June 6, 2011

6 weeks and 9.4 lbs. down!

I've taken some advice from my sister-in-law about breaking up my goals into 6 weeks goals or challenges.

Today was the end of my first 6 week challenge I set up with Neal. The deal was that if I stayed within my calorie range (and journaled my calories) every day for 6 weeks (with 3 "grace days" where I could go over or not journal) then I would get a massage at the end of my challenge time. I started out being mainly motivated by the massage, but funny thing is, the best part now is the actual weight I've lost. Although don't get me wrong, I am stoked about that massage. :o) I still have 41 pounds to lose, but this was almost 1/5 of the total weight I wanted to lose. I am starting to fit into some old clothes which is a great feeling. There was a bonus challenge for me to exercise 18 times during those weeks, which I did not meet (didn't affect the original challenge, though).

Now I am trying to decide on what my next 6 week challenge should entail...

Original weight loss goal--50.4 pounds
Weight loss this 6 weeks--9.4 pounds
Weight left to lose--41 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment